Thursday, September 23, 2010

Street Food: Hong Kong v/s Mumbai. Part 2

Alright, so I had to split the food section into two parts because there is way too much food to write about. I may sound like a glutton, but that is what you get when you’re from Hong Kong.
Apart from the three dishes I mentioned earlier there are so many more choices to choose from. A person could seriously go bonkers in Hong Kong trying to decide what food to eat. Some of the more popular choices to choose from are:
Warning: Please keep the previous warning in mind!
·        Chinese Fried Sausage (yummy!)
·        Shark Fin Soup (yummy, but very controversial)
·        Pig’s liver and intestines (tried it, but never again!)
·        Squid, Octopus and Lobster (quite appetizing)
Pig’s Liver and Intestines at Wah Kee
 Yes, the above mentioned items might make you puke your guts out but they are probably the yummiest things I have eaten in my life. Now, we move onto food in Mumbai, in my eyes, India’s food capital. When I arrived in Mumbai I was too paranoid to eat anything from the roads and even from the College canteen. However, within a year I have become accustomed to street food in Mumbai, all the credit going to my friends from college.

My eating mentors in Mumbai
One dish I just can’t seem the get enough of is Samosa Pav. It is a piece of bread, with a little bit of mint sauce (Chutney) and a Samosa stuffed inside. I can probably eat 4 and still not be stuffed (I repeat I am not a glutton and nor do I suffer from an eating disorder.) Apart from Samosa Pav, another dish I enjoy eating is Pav Bhaji, a curried vegetable dish accompanied with bread.
Samosa Pav
 
Food! Food! Food! Food! This has by far been my favorite post!
Verdict: Hong Kong would be my winner, hands down, regardless of how amazing Mumbai’s street food can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment